Re: (RPi) db> reboot -> cpu_reset failed

From: Klaus_Küchemann <maciphone2_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 19:13:45 UTC

> Am 09.01.2023 um 17:21 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>:
> …
> ..
>
> I expect the new output text was only the text after the "reset"
> command:
>
> QUOTE
> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop... done
> Uptime: 1m51s
> END QUOTE
> ….
>
> ===
> Mark Millard
> marklmi at yahoo.com

Mark, I also don`t see the new expected output text…
do you see any effect , have you tested on an RPI?,
I would be very happy if I’m mistaken and if it would work..
-
O.K., now tested the new  Diff 114868  of D37981,
Also no effect to ‚reset‘  by an provocated early boot panic…

I think you`ll need a real hardware debugger to e.g. track the issue that the software debugger  can’t
execute shutdown_reset(NULL, howto);  safely in early boot stage without calling the bcm2835_watchdog directly :-),
and you would need it anyway for board bringup issues..
Afaik that’s normal on embedded

Please consider this only as a test report, not as a scientific statement,
I don`t have any knowledge of db_command.c

Regards

K.