Re: How to make FreeBSD's kernel boot a RPi4B with modern RPi* firmware

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 23:41:27 UTC
On Jan 8, 2023, at 15:27, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2023, Klaus Küchemann wrote:
>
>> What wasn’t clear for me is whether crashes like those from Björn Zeeb have any relation to firmware/u-boot/eeprom,
>> but reading closer I guess he’s probably using an unsupported bootloader that could cause problems,
>
> I wouldn't call it "unsupported" just "non-default" but I am also on an RPi3B+ and not on a 4.

Just an FYI . . .

All the following need the patching in order to use
sufficiently modern RPi* firmware (and the involved
live Device Trees). I only list what I've tested
(what I've access to):

"C0T" 8 GiByte Rev1.5 RPi4B
"B0T" 8 GiByte Rev1.4 and 4 GiByte Rev1.1 RPI4Bs
RPi3B
RPi2B v1.2
RPi2B v1.1 (so: armv7)

I expect that the issue is far more general then that.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com