FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE and Raspberry Pi CM4 4GB

From: Steve Bernacki <steve_at_copacetic.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:20:14 UTC
I recently purchased a RPI CM4 with 4GB and 32GB eMMC to replace my
aging FreeBSD firewall. I managed to install FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p3 on
it, and both Ethernet devices (genet0 and ue0) were properly identified.
However, network throughput on my gigabit network is pretty bad; iperf3
reports a maximum transfer speed of 291 Mbits/sec. Flashing OpenWRT on
the same hardware using the same ethernet port, I'm able to achieve 923
Mbits/sec.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve throughput under FreeBSD?

Thank you
Steve