Re: EDK2 on RPi3 was: Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:49:30 UTC
I'd like to thank both of you for the light you've shed on the
boot problems encountered with RPi.

For the moment I'll go back to my original goal of getting
Pi2's to boot from the JMS-based usb-serial bridges presently
on-hand. Preliminary experiments using a JMS561 bridge and
a Pi2 using the version of bootcode.bin located at
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/raw/master/boot/bootcode.bin
[referring page https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/raspberry-pi.html#special-bootcode-bin-only-boot-mode]
seem to be promising under -current.

The interest I expressed in EDK2 appears to have been misguided,
or at least premature. I was hoping it might be a more tractable
replacement for u-boot, but it's equally inscrutable to an amateur.
Worse, only the macciatobin flavor builds under poudriere and
my attempts at a plain "make" build using FLAVOR=rpi3 have so far
failed on the same host.

With my thanks,

bob prohaska