Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 01:32:18 UTC
On 2022-Oct-4, at 12:27, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 06:24:07PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
>>
>> 0x0583 vs. 0x0576 leaves open the possibility of a bad
>> firmware revision in the part?
>>
> There were hints of a firmware update from Sabrent long ago.
> It found nothing to update. Yesterday I looked again and
> found a new date on the Downloads link but the same revision
> number on the download. It is, however, named
> "JMS583_FWUpdate_Utility..." which hints at some connection.

When I go to the page for sabrent's firmware updater for the EC-UASP
and such:

https://downloads.sabrent.com/product/jmicron-enclosures-fw-update-tool/

the page title is: Jmicron Enclosures FW Update Tool
the file  name is: Jmicron FW Update Tool.zip
(downloads might end up wiht %20 where the spaces are)
and
the page reports: Last Updated May 18, 2022

Have you tried this updater?

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com