Re: FreeBSD 14: Poll armv6 deprecated or removed (just a reference to the new message on freebsd-arch)

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 18:57:42 UTC
On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 11:48 AM Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> FYI: The old 2021-Oct-28 message related to armv6 removal
> sequencing/timing has a new follow up finally:
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arch/2022-December/000313.html
>
> (Nothing about this changes the armv7 status.)

Nope.

tl;dr: armv6 packages will stop, we'll stop doing -current armv6 snapshots,
we'll move armv6 to
an 'extra' architecture in universe for stable/14. post stable/14 we'll
tear down support for armv6
in base and later in ports. Ports mention armv6 ~500 times, maybe 1/4 of
them also mention armv7,
and the vast majority of them mark things as broken in some way (though
there are exceptions).

Warner