Re: /usr/src/Makefile.inc1 typo?

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 21:21:33 UTC
On Dec 12, 2022, at 12:39, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> It looks like there might be a typo (or nomenclature change)
> in armv7.
>
> Last attempt at installkernel stopped with
> make[1]: "/usr/src/Makefile.inc1" line 163: Unknown target armv7:armv7
> . . .

You suffer from bad timing relative to main's [so: 14's]:

Sun, 11 Dec 2022
   . . .
    • git: 83bf6ab56829 - main - uname: switch machine to HW_MACHINE_ARCH Piotr Kubaj
. . .
Mon, 12 Dec 2022
   . . .
    • git: 85dd85323614 - main - Revert "uname: switch machine to HW_MACHINE_ARCH" Piotr Kubaj
    • Re: git: 83bf6ab56829 - main - uname: switch machine to HW_MACHINE_ARCH Piotr Kubaj
. . .

Having a system built from a source tree from between the 2
commits one ends up with a broken default native build
environment with complaints about "target NAME:NAME" when the
correct naming for the context has 2 distinct names, such as
arm and armv7 in your context. (That need not be the only
complaint.)

It may be that explicitly listing TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv7
on either the make command line(s) or in the environment(s)
might allow a valid build from the messed up context. (But
such is untested.) I've no clue if a full rebuild-from-scratch
might be needed. If it works, you would likely need to be
explicit, even for installkernel and installworld, not just
for building.

The build(s) should be based on source that does not contain
the 83bf6ab56829 change.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com