Re: Python2.7 seemingly stuck on RPI3

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 04:27:55 UTC
On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 07:37:32PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:

> >From what is presented, I'd guess that da0s2b is on spinning rust.

Correct.

> My expectation is that da0 is spending much of its time
> seeking and the system does not have much to do during the
> seek activity. So the sum of the latencies is adding significant
> time for any given amount of progress.

The system (running -current) was last compiled in mid-July,
so I decided to update world and kernel. To my surprise, it got
stuck in a similar way. Eventually I enabled an absurd excess of
swap, 3.5 Gb on each of da0s2b and mmcsd0s2b, and buildworld
seems to be making good progress.

I'll post a note if anything interesting happens.

Thanks for writing!

bob prohaska