Re: Orange Pi support

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 19:13:10 UTC
On 2021-May-28, at 11:40, linimon at portsmon.org wrote:

>> On 05/27/2021 9:25 AM John F Carr <jfc@mit.edu> wrote:
>> It would be nice to have a support matrix showing Orange Pi models.
>
> Please contact wiki-admin@FreeBSD.org and we can set you up with access.
>
> I have not powered up either my Orange Pi 1 or Orange Pi +2E for a while but they
> were working via both serial port and ethernet the last time I tried them.

Too keep my "root on USB" configuration going on the
OPi+2e I reverted to the older 2020.10 based U-Boot
that is still in quarterly. The 2021.04 vintages (before
and after the change to UEFI) get through the loader and
kernel startup but fails at the transition to world
(so attempting usb access). (The only thing used on the
microsd card is the U-Boot that was dd'd in all cases.)

I'm guessing the kernel is dependent on some
initialization by U-Boot that has changed in some way
that is incompatible --but have no actual clue what is
going on.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com