Re: FreeBSD on PINE64 Quartz64a Rocchiprk3566

From: Søren_Schmidt <soren.schmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 16:59:45 UTC
On 6 Jul 2021, at 17.48, Sleep Walker <s199p.wa1k9r@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I tried running FreeBSD 14.0_CURRENT on Quartz64a
> Here is the boot log

[deleted]

> Does anyone already have Quartz64?
> There is some frost on how to start FreeBSD on Quartz64?

Yep, I got my two specimens the other day but havn’t digged into working on them yet :)

They do both work at least, remember the jumper on the battery on/off position, mine came without causing some headache :)

I’m curious as to which u-boot you used to get the GENERIC image loaded ? I seem to remember the rockchip one has no or just partial EFI support ?

I’ve been following the quartz64 sevel channel for some time, there seem to be a handfull of things that needs to be worked around.
However I’m trying to get ahold of the programmers guide for this SOC but so far no luck, without that its going to be alot of work  though.

But I’m certainly goiing to be working on getting them supported, have plans for them :)

--
Søren Schmidt
sos@deepcore.dk / sos@freebsd.org