Re: Call for testing: OpenJDK 11 on Arm64

From: Andrew Haley <aph-open_at_littlepinkcloud.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:41:53 UTC
On 12/31/21 17:09, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 11:59:02AM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>> The PR is https://github.com/openjdk/aarch64-port/pull/14
>> The tree is https://github.com/openjdk/aarch64-port
>>
>> Checkout this PR locally:
>> $ git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/aarch64-port pull/14/head:pull/14
>
> These instructions don't work, as far as I can tell. paste error? my error?

Sorry. First

git clone https://github.com/openjdk/aarch64-port

cd aarch64-port

then

git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/aarch64-port pull/14/head:pull/14

git checkout pull/14

> cd aarch64-port/
> % make
> You are not using GNU Make/gmake, this is a requirement
>
> then
> % gmake
> Please run 'bash configure' to create a configuration.
>
> then
> % bash configure
>
> it runs configure, if zip isn't installed, it'll fail there. Install zip, it fails
> later if java isn't already installed like so:
>
> checking for javac... [not found]
> checking for java... [not found]
> configure: Could not find a valid Boot JDK. OpenJDK distributions are available at http://jdk.java.net/.
> configure: This might be fixed by explicitly setting --with-boot-jdk
> configure: error: Cannot continue
> configure exiting with result code 1
>
> OK, so I'll need to install a bootstrap. Has what I've downloaded so far included
> the changes you want me to test?

I think so. Unfortunately OpenJDK has a lot of deps.

If there is already a FreeBSD package for OpenJDK, I would build that
first, which would (I guess) pull in all of the deps that OpenJDK needs.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer