Re: Raspberry Pi 4B does not detect devices in USB 3.0

From: Archimedes Gaviola <archimedes.gaviola_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:55:54 UTC
On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 11:00 PM Mike Karels <mike@karels.net> wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> > I have successfully installed FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE #0
> > releng/13.0-n244733-ea31abc261f in Raspberry Pi 4B with 2GB RAM. USB
> > devices work well and get detected with the USB 2.0 ports however when
> > tried with USB 3.0 ports all these devices can't be detected thus will
> not
> > work. My config.txt has the following contents. Anything I missed? I also
> > attached the dmesg output.
>
> > freebsd@freebsd13:/boot/msdos % cat config.txt
> > [all]
> > arm_64bit=1
> > dtparam=audio=on,i2c_arm=on,spi=on
> > dtoverlay=mmc
> > dtoverlay=disable-bt
> > device_tree_address=0x4000
> > kernel=u-boot.bin
>
> Is that all?  The standard config.txt for RPI on 13.0 looks like this:
>
> [all]
> arm_64bit=1
> dtparam=audio=on,i2c_arm=on,spi=on
> dtoverlay=mmc
> dtoverlay=disable-bt
> device_tree_address=0x4000
> kernel=u-boot.bin
>
> [pi4]
> hdmi_safe=1
> armstub=armstub8-gic.bin
>
> I am running -current on an RPI4 with a USB3 SSD with that config.txt
> except that hdmi_safe is commented out.

Sorry, here's the complete config.txt file that I have. I removed
hdmi_safe=1 into hdmi_group=2 and hdmi_mode=14 since I used the tty console
for display.

[all]
arm_64bit=1
dtparam=audio=on,i2c_arm=on,spi=on
dtoverlay=mmc
dtoverlay=disable-bt
device_tree_address=0x4000
kernel=u-boot.bin

[pi4]
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=14
armstub=armstub8-gic.bin

> Are you using the boot files that came with 13.0 (dtb, etc)?

Yes, I am. I have not changed anything that came from 13.0 files, it's all
intact since I wrote the image to the microSD card.

To be specific with my USB devices, this is an input and an output device.
I have an RFID card reader and an Epson TM-U22B USB printer (self-powered)
which are detected and work well with USB 2.0. Below dmesg log shows the
drivers of my printer and RFID card reader. As soon as these devices are
transferred to the blue-colored USB 3.0 ports these drivers will no longer
show up in the dmesg.

ugen0.3: <EPSON EPSON UB-U03II> at usbus0
ugen0.4: <Sycreader RFID Technology Co., Ltd SYC IDIC USB Reader> at usbus0
ukbd0 on uhub1
ukbd0: <USB Standard Keyboard> on usbus0
kbd1 at ukbd0
uhid0 on uhub1
uhid0: <USB Vender Hid> on usbus0