Re: Saving environment variables in u-boot

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 01:33:21 UTC
[I decided to have this specific message still under
the old Subject line.]

Hmm.

I just tried a Fedora 35 server install on a RPi4B (8 GiByte)
using a bus-powered USB3 SSD. It did fine until it did a around
of downloading and installing= updates to the original image
install. On reboot it got the:

scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found

But:

. . .
U-Boot> editenv usb_pgood_delay
edit: 2000
U-Boot> usb reset
. . . (found this time) . . .
U-Boot> boot

got past that. I'll note that, looking around with
printenv in U-Boot showed a:

bootdelay=2

(That I've not adjusted.)

Repeated testing has usually booted just fine but
on occasion gets the:

scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found

The same sequence involving usb_pgood_delay has always
managed to find the drive and boot so far.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com