Any particular reason we don't have sshd oomprotected by default?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 07:54:22 UTC
Hi,

We have syslogd oomprotected by default (/etc/defaults/rc.conf). Is
there a particular reason we don't have sshd protected the same way?

Any objections if I would commit such a change (sshd_oomprotect=YES in
defaults/rc.conf)?

I was also thinking about which other daemon we should protect by
default, but apart from the need to make sure important logs are written
to find issues which may have caused the oom trigger, and the need to be
able to login to such a troubled system, I didn't see any other service
as such critical (we could argue about ntpd, but I send to be on the
"may be protected" (not for my use cases) and not to be on the "has to
be protected" side) to include it in this proposal.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF