libcamcontrol ?

From: Gleb Popov <arrowd_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 09:41:48 UTC
I wonder if it makes sense to move some code from
sbin/camcontrol/camcontrol.c to a shared library. Specifically, all
the entry points of the main executable like "devlist", "identify",
etc. and all the code supporting them.

I'm asking because I require camcontrol functionality in
sysutils/bsdisks and calling the executable doesn't satisfy my needs.
At the same time, the amount of code I pulled out from camcontrol.c
keeps growing [1] and I feel uncomfortable about it.

Another approach might be implementing libxo in the camcontrol utility
and enriching it to return all the information I need.

I'm volunteering to do the work, but I need a plan.