Re: [HEADSUP] making /bin/sh the default shell for root

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 14:24:09 UTC
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:42:22AM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:

>HardenedBSD recently removed toor. No one has complained (yet?). A
>small Twitter poll[0] showed that 85% of people who responded do not
>use toor.

I think that before removing functionality you need to examine the issue
for conformation bias. I bet that many who answered your question were
unaware of toor and of those even aware, it's not like there are loads
of examples in documentation discussing the versatility of root+toor
over just root. I'd vote to retain toor unless there were compelling
reasons not to. And even if there were reasons, I'd vote to
disable-by-default before removing it completely.
--
J.