Re: Draft License Policy Changes for SPDX

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:39:59 UTC
I am sorry that I am writing my message at the top . The reason is the
longevity of the message .
Many years ago I have suggested that in the messages , link of the message
in the FreeBSD archives placed into
the message before releasing the massage  into the mailing list . In that
case , we can use link of the message
before  our message and write our message . This may shorten our messages
considerable and allows readers not to waste
their time to reach the end of the previous message to read the new message
.

In a large project like FreeBSD , trying to determine the copyright holder
requires perhaps centuries without coming to a usable result .
I am not a person who has contributed anything to FreeBSD sources . For
that reason I do not any right to say anything  about copyrights
of other people . My belief is that contributors will not care very much
about their personal copyrights as much as they are suitable for themselves
if copyright of sources remain in the name of FreeBSD Project with their
current license as the dominant license . They were and are sufficiently
bold persons to specify their copyrights . Since they did not do it , again
, my opinion is that wasting unnecessary time on such
"Unsolvable" problems will not make any contribution to the FreeBSD Project
but waste of its resources which can be used to improve
the FreeBSD Project as much as possible .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk