Re: git: 09711ccb09f4 - main - Remove source_rc_confs, inlined from defaults/rc.conf

From: Devin Teske <dteske_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2026 22:12:48 UTC

> On Sep 15, 2026, at 3:08 PM, Jessica Clarke <jrtc27@freebsd.org> wrote:
> 
> On 15 Sep 2026, at 22:55, Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org <mailto:dteske@freebsd.org>> wrote:
>> 
>> Splitting leaves landmines for bisection.
>> 
>> The bundled pieces have to land together so main is not left half-broken for bisect.
> 
> From what the commit message says I find it hard to believe that it
> would not be possible to split it into multiple commits without
> introducing new, temporary regressions. Is that what you are trying to
> say here?
> 

Yes. That is what I meant by landmines for bisect.

Some of the bullets could have been separate commits on a branch if
ordered carefully. I landed one Fixes commit for eaeb5f29bc6f so main
is not left with a half-repaired load path between tips.

Devin