Re: git: fd35a1d49691 - main - devel/etcd: Deprecate and set expiration date to 2026-09-30
- Reply: Mathieu Arnold : "Re: git: fd35a1d49691 - main - devel/etcd: Deprecate and set expiration date to 2026-09-30"
- Reply: Daniel Engberg : "Re: git: fd35a1d49691 - main - devel/etcd: Deprecate and set expiration date to 2026-09-30"
- In reply to: Jochen Neumeister : "Re: git: fd35a1d49691 - main - devel/etcd: Deprecate and set expiration date to 2026-09-30"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2026 18:28:24 UTC
On 2026-09-01 19:25, Jochen Neumeister wrote:
>
>
> Am 01.09.26 um 19:11 schrieb Daniel Engberg:
>> On 2026-09-01 18:58, Jochen Neumeister wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 29.08.26 um 15:53 schrieb Jochen Neumeister:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Am 29.08.26 um 12:35 schrieb Daniel Engberg:
>>>>> The branch main has been updated by diizzy:
>>>>>
>>>>> URL: https://cgit.FreeBSD.org/ports/commit/?
>>>>> id=fd35a1d4969173b0fdb828361b6a378d827c8298
>>>>>
>>>>> commit fd35a1d4969173b0fdb828361b6a378d827c8298
>>>>> Author: Daniel Engberg <diizzy@FreeBSD.org>
>>>>> AuthorDate: 2026-08-29 07:32:12 +0000
>>>>> Commit: Daniel Engberg <diizzy@FreeBSD.org>
>>>>> CommitDate: 2026-08-29 10:35:15 +0000
>>>>>
>>>>> devel/etcd: Deprecate and set expiration date to 2026-09-30
>>>>> Obsolete and unsupported upstream, redirect users to 3.x series
>>>>> PR: 292160
>>>>> Approved by: maintainer timeout, 8+ months
>>>>> ---
>>>>> devel/etcd/Makefile | 3 +++
>>>>> 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)
>>>>>
>>>>> diff --git a/devel/etcd/Makefile b/devel/etcd/Makefile
>>>>> index 24748f099f43..d38befc1590d 100644
>>>>> --- a/devel/etcd/Makefile
>>>>> +++ b/devel/etcd/Makefile
>>>>> @@ -12,6 +12,9 @@ WWW= https://github.com/etcd-io/etcd
>>>>> LICENSE= APACHE20
>>>>> LICENSE_FILE= ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE
>>>>> +DEPRECATED= Obsolete and unsupported upstream, please consider
>>>>> moving to 3.X
>>>>> +EXPIRATION_DATE=2026-09-30
>>>>> +
>>>>
>>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>>
>>>> per the new policy this is missing the PORTREVISION bump, and it
>>>> needs an MFH to the current quarterly branch (2026Q3). Same for your
>>>> other commits where you set a deprecation/expiration date.
>>>>
>>>> "Marking a port DEPRECATED: Set DEPRECATED with a clear reason
>>>> and set
>>>> EXPIRATION_DATE. Bump the port revision when doing so, and MFH
>>>> (merge from
>>>> head) to the current quarterly branch. The revision bump forces a
>>>> reinstall/upgrade notice for users on that port, which is the
>>>> mechanism that
>>>> actually surfaces the deprecation to people running it. [...]
>>>> Don't skip the
>>>> revision bump because a deprecation nobody notices isn't serving
>>>> its
>>>> purpose."
>>>>
>>>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/MaintainerLoadAndPortLifecyclePolicy
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Jochen
>>>
>>> A friendly reminder
>>>
>>>>
>>>>> USES= cpe go
>>>>> USE_GITHUB= yes
>>>>> GH_ACCOUNT= coreos
>>>>
>>>
>>
>> Already done in c13446224ea68b1a9edcedab773d6747782be0e7
>>
>
> If I'm seeing this correctly, the commits are missing in 2026Q3, or am I
> missing something?
>
> Jochen
>
>
Ahh, I see... I was under the impression that since Q4 is due it would
be "good enough". I apologize and I'll cease to continue this effort as
I don't have cycles, hardware and/or interest trying to also keep up
with quarterly (additionally with no help). I'll just in best case file
a PR and hope that someone else picks it up or if required mark things
as broken and wait for a reasonable timeout.
Best regards,
Daniel