Re: git: 19e7637b283b - main - math/octave: Remove lib dependency.

From: Robert Clausecker <fuz_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2026 15:50:38 UTC
Hi Stephen,

Am Sat, May 16, 2026 at 10:22:17AM -0500 schrieb Stephen Montgomery-Smith:
> On 5/15/26 23:17, Gleb Popov wrote:
> > On Sat, May 16, 2026 at 3:06 AM Stephen Montgomery-Smith
> > <stephen@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > 
> > > commit 19e7637b283b5c5b19c1e6961052276e98304fc5
> > > Author:     Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@FreeBSD.org>
> > 
> > The patch was authored by me. I personally don't care, but other
> > contributors might get upset about omitting their name.
> > 
> 
> That's an autogenerated field.  It was I who authored the commit.  Here is
> where you are acknowledged:
> 
>     Reported by:    arrowd@FreeBSD.org

You can (and should) set the author of commits you didn't author yourself
by passing --author 'Firstname Lastname <foo@example.com>' to git commit.
I do so whenever I process a patch from Bugzilla.

Note that "Reported by" does not acknowledge authorship and is not a substitute.

> > > AuthorDate: 2026-05-16 00:02:48 +0000
> > > Commit:     Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@FreeBSD.org>
> > > CommitDate: 2026-05-16 00:06:07 +0000
> > > 
> > >      math/octave: Remove lib dependency.
> > > 
> > >      - graphics/libosmesa no longer required as LIB_DEPENDS.
> > >      - Bump portrevision.
> > 
> > You did not bump the revision.
> 
> It looks like another committer bumped it before I did.  My workflow is:
> edit everything.
> git stash
> git pull
> git stash pop
> git commit .
> git push
> 
> It looks like between the git stash and the git pull, someone else bumped
> port revision.
> 
> I'll have to modify my workflow to check for this.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

-- 
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an encoding-agnostic world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments