cvs commit: src/sys/dev/nve if_nve.c if_nvereg.h
jhb 2005-12-12 19:40:04 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Modified files: (Branch: RELENG_6)
sys/dev/nve if_nve.c if_nvereg.h
MFC: Sync up with locking changes in HEAD:
- Add locked variants of nve_start(), nve_init(), and nve_ifmedia_upd().
- Use callout_* to manage callouts rather than timeout(9).
- Mark interrupt handler MPSAFE (IFF_NEEDGIANT was already clear).
- Lock the driver lock in driver entry points such as the interrupt
handler, if_start, and if_init rather than locking the driver mutex
in the various work functions called by the binary blob.
- Use IFQ_DRV_IS_EMPTY() macro rather than doing it by hand.
- Fix locking in detach.
- Remove some unused fields from the softc.
- Don't make the driver lock recursive, it shouldn't be recursively
acquired anywhere in the driver now.
- Axe the spin mutex used for the nve_oslock*() routines. The driver lock
already provides sufficient synchronization.
- Don't mess around with IFF_UP when the link state changes. IFF_UP is
an administrative flag, not a link status indicator.
Revision Changes Path
22.214.171.124 +111 -102 src/sys/dev/nve/if_nve.c
126.96.36.199 +3 -8 src/sys/dev/nve/if_nvereg.h
Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 19:40:08 UTC