OpenOffice and JDK's (was cvs commit:ports/editors/openoffice-devel Makefile)
After many emails I got in private about the jdk dependence of
OpenOffice I need to make some things more clear I guess :-)
- OpenOffice1.0x and OpenOffice1.1 havily use javac and other java binarys.
- OpenOffice 1.1 links against the javaruntimelib
- OpenOffice needs ANT to build, which depends itself on a JDK
- It's not possible to BUILD OpenOffice without a JDK.
- It's possible to RUN OpenOffice without a JDK.
> OOo1.1 seems to link against a lib in the jdk. OOo will still run
> without this library, but for compile it is definitly needed. Remove
> the linux jdk dependency and use again our native one.
Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 05:06:11 UTC