Re: cvs commit: ports/databases/kinterbasdb Makefile distinfopkg-descrpatch-_kinterbasdb_constants.c

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:25:33 -0600
>
>
>I have an update for both firebird ports in the queue. I haven't
>committed them as the package doesn't work yet. The submitter wanted to
>fix this, but it seems he's busy at the moment.
>
>Should I commit the actual version?
>  
>
Hmm ... normally my feeling would be to say "go ahead and wait", but if the
current versions are still the ones marked Forbidden (security reasons) then
I think they should probably be committed as-is since they would be better
than something insecure.  Perhaps even with 'broken, won't package' in the
Makefile?

I can see valid arugments for doing things either way.  I myself won't be
using the port(s) so it won't make any difference to me, I was just trying
to iterate over old PRs.

I would be ok with whatever you decide.

mcl
Received on Thu Dec 04 2003 - 08:03:54 UTC