ZFS server has gone crazy slow

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Sat Apr 11 18:02:50 UTC 2020

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 13:48, Robert Clausecker <fuz at fuz.su> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> What does zpool status say about the pool?  Also check if the SMART values
> of these disks are okay.

Looks okay, I think.  Full output below.

  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
	the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
	the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

And, I’m not sure how to check SMART values.  This is a Dell server, and I’m 95% sure I have it’s RAID controller (Dell PERC 6, mfi0) just set to provide JBOD for the two disks.  Will the smartmontools package be useful with disks on an mfi controller?

    - Chris