ZFS send problem

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jun 14 20:09:08 UTC 2018

On 6/14/2018 1:54 PM, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still got a very serious problem with zfs send (not recv).
>
> If I set le vfs.zfs.arc_max at half of the RAM ( = 96Go) I can see thought
> zfs-stats the arc come to 100.3% and empty to 98-99% and raise again.
> Either way the zfs command not really freeze totally but take lot of time
> to answer (~10-20 seconds when normally it's < 1sec).

What version of FreeBSD are you running ?  Also, have you tried doing a
scrub on the pool to make sure there are no errors ? I take it zpool
status shows all is ok ?

Is this a straight up send or incremental ? Is it recursive or just part
of the pool ?

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203