quotactl bug: vfs_busy never unbusy-es

Jordan Hubbard jkh at ixsystems.com
Sat Mar 12 05:06:10 UTC 2016

> On Mar 11, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, if it work out to pass only mnt_ref-referenced mount point down
> to the VFS_QUOTACTL method, I am fine with it.  Also, I do not see why
> would it not work, in the sense that the failure modes due to parallel
> unmount are exactly the same for current code and what you propose.
>
> Please finish this.

He will. :-)

iXsystems is happy to sponsor this work as it directly benefits us as well, and I’ve been very happy to see you engaged with the review process.  With any luck, Chris will be able to finish this and then unwind his stack back to the point where he can finish wiring up NFS quotas to ZFS, which was the original feature request that started us down this path.

- Jordan