Willing to do what I can to help with a decent fs for removable media...

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 17 02:07:48 UTC 2015

> Il giorno 16/mar/2015, alle ore 20:35, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> ha scritto:
>
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2015, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>
>> What is wrong with ext2/3 ?
>>
>> OK, we don't support journalling but I doubt you really need that for
>> removable media.
>
> Well, as I did (sparely) tested it, the most irritating problem was that
> FreeBSD declined to even mount ext* with "unsupported" journalling features,
> even whan journal was clean.

I had no problems formatting a fresh ext3 filesystem, mounting it and using it. I even enabled the directory index (which is experimental) and build a port on top of it. Oh and I ran fsx on it too.

This is, of course, a recent version (10-stable).

Pedro.