advice needed: zpool of 10 x (raidz2 on (4+2) x 2T HDD)

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Wed Dec 2 21:31:32 UTC 2015

On 2-12-2015 15:00, krad wrote:
> If this is the case, put more ram in and a good amount of SSD for l2arc.
> SSD is fairly cheap, so put in a TB of the best you can afford. RAM is
> always best though if you can afford it and fit it onto the board.
>
> It's probably worth going to 10.2 as well, and maybe even stable as th
> have been a lot of zfs related patches since 10.1.

I used to have the odd system hangup now and then during rsync-time.
When several host start sending their backups.

They all have gone since my last upgrade.
FreeBSD zfs.digiware.nl 10.2-STABLE FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE #3 r289060M: Fri
Oct  9 11:46:21 CEST 2015

Even hangs attributed to using PCI-X bus freezes have gone.
uptime is now 54 days, where before it hardly got over 14 days.

So I think some things have changed for the better with recent patches.

--WjW