Migrating ZFS from 8.3 to 10.1

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 23:07:42 UTC 2015

We did moved from 8.3 -> 10.1 had to go via 10.0 as we did a in place
source upgrade but had no issues.

10.x has block size validation which 8.3 so if your disks are 4k sectors
and you didn't manually configure this on install you may end up with
pools complaining about this, but that will just mean reduced
performance (something you had already).

Yes once your happy 10.1 is working fine you should upgrade your pools
to get all the new features which are well worth having.

     Regards
     Steve