FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

Jordan Hubbard jkh at mail.turbofuzz.com
Sun Jun 29 18:30:58 UTC 2014

On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> For you information here is my version:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/glusterfs.diff
>
> It is just missing the license bits
>
> if everyone here agrees I'll commit :)

Unfortunately, I can’t get this to build under poudriere.  It builds fine outside of the build jail, but inside, it seems to get tripped up on the patches.  The previous version we also only got to build under poudriere by committing all sorts of terrible hacks against autogen.sh.   FreeNAS 9.3, of course, also uses poudriere to build all its ports. :)

Is there any chance of possibly just getting the FreeBSD-specific changes folded into the git repo (e.g. upstreamed) with suitable #ifdefs so that the port can be simplified a bit and hopefully made more poudriere friendly?

Thanks,

- Jordan