FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sun Jun 22 16:38:58 UTC 2014

On 22/06/2014, at 1:07 AM, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 04:19:47PM +0100 I heard the voice of
> Justin Clift, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> I'm not familiar enough with the ports system in FreeBSD any more to
>> remember how to make it work there.  Hopefully someone else can help
>> with that too.
>
> Attached shar of a quick&dirty port skeleton for it.  Not tested
> beyond building and 'make package'.  Note one patch for mount(2) args
> differing BSD/Linux.  pkg complains about how it links in python when
> making the package, but I dunno whether that would break it or not.

New tarball here now too:

  https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/experimental/glusterfs-freebsd_20140622.tar.bz2

This one should work on FreeBSD versions older than v10 now, and
doesn't require libexecinfo installed.  (note, I'm not the coder
doing this, that's Harsha, CC'd).

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift