i/o error - all block copies unavailable

Michael Jung mikej at paymentallianceintl.com
Fri Jun 6 11:05:11 UTC 2014

Hello:

I have run into this issue before but dismissed it because it was the early days of ZFS 8.x 9.0.x
And simply reinstalled.

I have backups of my data <thank you tarsnap> but this is my home machine and I'd rather figure
this out that submit to a re-install.

For what it is worth I thought that my previous adventures with this was from updating zfs version
withought updating the boot loader and note that all my previous mis-adventures were on single
drive zfs on boot this however is not the case now.  This was my first upgrade of bootcode
from an clean install of 10-stable as of ~two weeks ago.  The pool was not upgraded but I applied
boot code anyway :-(

This system again is mirrored zfs-on-boot and I simply upgraded world/kernel this
AM EST ~10:00 2014/06/05 and did a installkernel && installworld and then

gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot -i 1 ada0
gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot -i 1 ada1

Which should be the correct index and rebooted and now.. well I'm *(&#&@

The attachments are from booting a current release - same results from booting
my daily builds ISO/IMG of work for10 stable.  The booted image does not see the ZFS
Partiations.  I.E. zfs list show nothing.

Any help to resolve this would be most appreciated - I find a lot of comments about this
Issue searching through Google but little as to how to resolve it.

Kind Regards,

Michael Jung

p.s. If the attachments are lost they are here:

http://216.26.158.189/bootloader.txt
http://216.26.158.189/gpart.list
http://216.26.158.189/gpart.show
http://216.26.158.189/zfs.list

GoPai.com | Facebook.com/PaymentAlliance

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify us by
telephone at (502) 212-4001 or notify us at PAI , Dept. 99,
6060 Dutchmans Lane, Suite 320, Louisville, KY 40205