RFC and testing: NFSv4.1 server going into head

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jun 3 20:10:19 UTC 2014

Olav Gjerde wrote:
> This is great stuff! I'm wondering though, is there any reason that
> the mount option for FreeBSD has to be different than Linux?

The "nfsv4" was chosen to be compatible with "nfsv3" and "nfsv2",
which FreeBSD has used forever (I don't know who originally chose them).

I have thought of adding "vers=<n>" ("nfsv4" would still work) to be
more compatible with Solaris and Linux, but I've never gotten around
to it.
If no one else comes up with such a patch, I may get around to it someday, rick