su-journal and lost+found sharing inodes?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 21 11:15:36 UTC 2014

After a crash which required manual fsck, I've enabled SUJ and rebooted.
Everything seemed fine until I (as a part of normal, unrelated work)
noticed that "lost+found" is not a file. But the details are very curious:

(ls -ali)

      3 drwxrwxr-x   2 root   operator       512 Jan 17 14:25 .snap/
      4 -r--------   1 root   wheel     33554432 Feb 21 10:29 .sujournal
      4 -r--------   1 root   wheel     33554432 Feb 21 10:29 lost+found

Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? lost+found sharing an inode with
.sujournal, but the hardlink count staying "1" for both files?

SUJ was enabled after a fsck -y run on the file system.