ZFS panic: solaris assert: BP_EQUAL(bp, &zio->io_bp_orig)

Garrett Wollman wollman at bimajority.org
Fri Apr 11 01:53:40 UTC 2014

<<On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:06:10 -0700, Xin Li <delphij at delphij.net> said:

>> [I wrote:]
>> And it just now panicked again.  Help!

> Have you tried setting vfs.zfs.nopwrite_enabled=0 in /boot/loader.conf?

Didn't even know about it.  I looked at the Illumos commit log and
figured out that I should be able to work around it by setting
checksum=fletcher4.  Since it's a production server I can't really
take a reboot just to try this out.  (I added it to loader.conf just
now, so if I need to reboot it again before this bug is fixed, I can
put it back to sha256.)

-GAWollman