9.2 + ZFS + i386 = panic: pmap_enter: attempted pmap_enter on 4MB page

J David j.david.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:45:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:12:36PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> Try MFCing r253949.  I'm not confident that r253949 is the fix for this
> particular problem, but it should be MFCed.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> You want r255728.

OK, that node is now running with r253949 (i386 portion only),
r255728, and a full complement of debug options.  If it crashes again,
I will report back with the stack trace.  If it does not crash in a
reasonable time (24-48 hours), I will report that as well.

So far it does not have the "prototyped change" since it sounds like
the stack trace of the situation as it stands should be done first to
confirm suspicions about the nature of the problem.  Also, given that
r253949 is already present, it seems better to limit the number of
changes being made at once.

Thanks!