filesystems don't properly dismount

Velcro Leaf velcroleaf at rocketmail.com
Wed Mar 27 17:02:54 UTC 2013

Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> The default NFS implementation did not change between 9.0 and 9.1.
> Per the 9.0 release notes, you can change your kernel configuration to control
> which implementation is used -- NFSCL/NFSD are the "new" versions, and
> NFSCLIENT/NFSSERVER are the old ones.  Are you running GENERIC or a custom
> configuration?

It's a GENERIC kernel, and I'm not actually using any networked filesystems.  I saw that the NFS stuff happened prior to 9.0-RELEASE, but I'm looking for any simple way to change the way filesystems are handled to see if it'll stop the ugly dismounts.

Apparently the sparc64 ZFS loader has been changed, but A) I honestly don't know what that means, and B) I'm not running a sparc64 machine.  Both malfunctioning servers are i386.  I haven't updated the amd64 one yet, and am a little afraid to, even though 9.0 is about to go EOL.

I didn't see anything else in the changelog that would translate into something simple I can do that might solve the problem.

I'll make a custom kernel with only the above changes and see if anything different happens.