ZVOL/istgt wrong placed on disk

Johan Kooijman mail at johankooijman.com
Mon Dec 2 11:06:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

The issue I'm having is the same as discussed over here:
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/zvol-and-zfs-send-no-file-on-the-receiving-side-td5024476.html
.

I've added the zfs path to my istgt.conf config and are now stuck with this
setup:

[root at san-head1 ~]# zfs list
NAME        USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
tank       25.6T  4.74T  3.93T  /tank
tank/fish  21.7T  26.4T    16K  -

[root at san-head1 ~]# grep LUN0 /usr/local/etc/istgt/istgt.conf
    LUN0                     Storage /tank/fish 21T

[root at san-head1 ~]# ls -lh /tank/fish
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    21T Dec  2 11:57 /tank/fish

Now.. it works, it exports to my virtualized setup, but I can't snapshot or
anything. Is there a way to get this situation restored to the way it
should be?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,
Johan Kooijman

T +31(0) 6 43 44 45 27
E mail at johankooijman.com