kern/150503: [zfs] ZFS disks are UNAVAIL and corrupted after reboot

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:58:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net> wrote:

>  Uhm I don't know how to generate a new zpool.cache from a newly update
>  system, since I can't export/import the root and don't have a newer
>  system on a USB key. I'll have to produce one perhaps.

    Glen Barber's snapshots are really helpful when doing this:
https://snapshots.glenbarber.us/Latest/ . It got me from a completely
unusable state to a limping state (booted off the LiveCD, zpool
imported and working from there) with the latest ZFS code commits
(which seem to have broken pool importing on my system).
Thanks,
-Garrett