Some of ZFS ACLs doesn't work as expected

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 19 16:41:08 UTC 2012

Wiadomość napisana przez Pavel Bychykhin w dniu 18 sie 2012, o godz. 19:48:
> Dear community!
>
> After my experiments with ZFS, I concluded, that permissions "delete_child" and "delete" are ignored.
> For the create/update/delete operation a list of "rwxp" (read_data/write_data/execute/append_data) is fully sufficient.

They are not ignored, but yes, write access on a directory is enough to delete a file.

> No need to specify the "delete_child" and "delete" permissions at all, or I don't understand something?

Unless you need them - no, you don't.  That's why these bits are not set in a default
case (so called 'trivial ACL', i.e. no ACL set on a file).

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?