Snapshots fail on large FFS2 volumes regulary -- how to backup /usr/home?!

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 20 18:19:18 UTC 2011

Hello, Andriy.
You wrote 20 мая 2011 г., 20:54:11:

>> You wrote 20 мая 2011 г., 17:09:34:
>>> Take a look at e.g. archivers/star.
>>   I'll take a look. If it could skip some directories, marked with
>> special file (like gtar could), it could be a solution.
> I think that it understands FreeBSD flags and supports nodump flag.
  I don't need star for FSes fwith "nodump" flag. star from FFS2
without snapshot is not very good solution in any case, IMHO.

  So, I need any-tar or any other solution with non-FS-specific "nodump"
 indication for ZFS OR working snapshots on FFS.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>