problem with copying data on hast-device

Mikolaj Golub trociny at freebsd.org
Sat Jun 25 13:04:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:01:50 +0700 Nikitin Vitaly wrote:

 NV> Hello!

 NV> I seem to have some trouble with hastd, I hope you can help me in this.
 NV> I set up hastd successfully on two nodes for testing.
 NV> Everything seems to work fine, I set up hast.conf, do the role part,
 NV> newfs and mount. On the first node I set up primary role. On the
 NV> second node I set up secondary role.

 NV> Problem: When I start copying about 300-400GB data from hdd to the
 NV> hast mount device, the whole system freezes, in that time gstat showed
 NV> hast/[devicename] %busy 99.9
 NV> No error msg in log files found. The problem repeats even if I copy
 NV> data from the network or with help of rsync, on the hast mount device.

 NV> I try to switch off hastd service on the second node, but this isn't
 NV> take effect. Problem starts randomly. Sometimes, the copying small
 NV> data is done, but more not.
 NV> Please help me, if you can.

 NV> Environment:

 NV> 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE

There were several issues with HAST that have been fixed in CURRENT and MFCed
to STABLE. So, I would recommend starting from upgrading to STABLE and
reporting back if you still have the issue. Note, there is still a known
problem in STABLE that has been fixed in CURRENT (r223181) but is not MFCed
yet. I am going to MFC it soon.

--
Mikolaj Golub