ZFS scrub 'repaired' pool with no chksum or read errors?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 08:55:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD-8.2R amd64 w/4Gb of ECC RAM on a machine used for
'offsite' backups (that are copied to it using zfs send/receive).

I scrub this machine every now and again (about once a month) - recently
this resulted in the following output after the scrub completed:

"
# zpool status
  pool: vol
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: scrub completed after 2h49m with 0 errors on Thu Jun  9 17:09:31
2011
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        vol         ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada0    ONLINE       0     0     0  256K repaired
            ada1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada2    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
"

Should I be worried there was 256k of 'repairs' done, even though there
were no checksum errors, or read errors detected?

The console logged no errors - and nothing shows in syslog.

The machine is always cleanly shut down - and the drives all appear fine
from a SMART point of view - I'm just a bit concerned as to where the
repairs came from - as ZFS doesn't seem to know (or be able to tell me)
either :)

-Kp