Do we want a periodic script for a zfs scrub?

Marco van Tol marco at tols.org
Tue Jul 20 23:14:54 UTC 2010

[... periodic zfs scrubs and snapshots ...]

http://www.neces.com/blog/technology/integrating-freebsd-zfs-and-periodic-snapshots-and-scrubs.
> They're doing all necessary stuff, like checking for scrub in progress too.
> Hope you'll find them helpful.

I was just looking into these and noticed you probably have to enable
"listsnapshots" on your zpool which is off by default.  Couldn't find a
reference to it on the page mentioned above, but I may have overlooked
it.  While listsnapshots is off, snapshots don't appear in the used
"zfs list -H -o name" commands.

There haven't been any succesful efforts to include these or similar in
the distribution right?

Marco

--
Doe wat je niet laten kunt, laat wat je niet doen kunt.