ZFS and reordering drives

James R. Van Artsdalen james-freebsd-fs2 at jrv.org
Sun Dec 6 12:47:12 UTC 2009

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> but there was a small
> bug, which I fixed yesterday, where guid wasn't checked if name matched.

Thanks - that should explain what I and others have seen.

If (A) there is a drive name match and a GUID is found on the dev but
(B) the expected GUID from zpool.cache doesn't match what's on the dev
but (C) another dev is found via GEOM that does have the right GUID: is
the drive name updated, at least so that "zpool status" prints the
actual dev names and not what was in zpool.cache?