need help with ZFS

Mikhail (Plus Plus) m at plus-plus.su
Mon Aug 24 13:04:44 UTC 2009

Panagiotis Christias wrote:
  > I would suggest you try FreeBSD 8.0 that includes the latest version of
> ZFS (version 13), which fixed several problems present in 7.x. Then,
> check for crash dumps (see dumpon(8)), collect any available info and
> sent it to the list.

Does that mean I will have to format my current zpool in order to
"upgrade" to ZFS v13? And if it is true then another problem is that I
have to backup current data somewhere before I'll be able to format
zpool to new version, but I cannot do this because server simply crashes
every time I try to copy that much of data to another hdd.

Mikhail.