ZFS patches.

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Nov 1 02:39:07 PDT 2008

Hi Pawel,

On 2008-Aug-28 20:47:30 +0000, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 03:29:58AM +0400, swell.k at gmail.com wrote:
>> (CC'ing Attilio, who made the commits)
>>
>> Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>>
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> >     http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20080727.patch.bz2
>> >
>> > The patch above contains the most recent ZFS version that could be found
>> > in OpenSolaris as of today. Apart for large amount of new functionality,
>> > I belive there are many stability (and also performance) improvements
>> > compared to the version from the base system.
>> [...]
>>
>> After r182371 and r182383 there are another three rejections. Namely
>> cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzpool/common/sys/zfs_context.h.rej
>> sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/vdev_file.c.rej
>> sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_replay.c.rej
>> I'm attaching them in case someone has a quick fix or idea how
>> to solve them, especially regarding `+' lines.
>>
>> In the meantime I'm reverting them locally hoping it will not do any
>> harm to me. If this fails then I will stay with r182370 since I already
>> upgraded my pools to 11th version and can't go back easily.
>
>There are some rejections, I know, and I'm tracking everything in
>perforce. In the meantime there were two ZFS version bumps in
>OpenSOlaris (so I've 13 in perforce at the moment). I probably won't
>create new patch, but just commit what I've to HEAD. In the meantime
>also I fixes quite a few bugs, mostly reported by kris at .

It's now somewhat over two months later and the latest ZFS patchset
still appears to be zfs_20080727.patch.bz2.  Unfortunately, these
patches no longer apply to -current (I tried working through the
rejects but must have missed something because I wound up with an
unkillable running process).

Can you please give us an indication as to when we might expect to see
either an updated set of ZFS patches (or, better, the patches committed
to -current).

--
Peter Jeremy