ZFS-NFS kernel panic under load

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 21 19:47:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 03:35:04PM -0400, Weldon S Godfrey 3 wrote:
> Looks like the bug with NFS and ZFS still exists.
>
> Well, I got the lastest 8-HEAD on with the most recent ZFS patch and ran
> the benchmarks again this morning and after about an hour, it paniced
> with the same message about page fault with nfsd.  It dropped to debugger
> on shutdown, it didn't do a savecore, dumpdev is set to AUTO.

Specifically regarding the debugger/didn't run savecore/dumpdev
statement:

What exactly did you type once at the debugger prompt?  It matters.

There's also this, which I reported nearly a year ago:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/118255

I haven't been able to reproduce my above PR on RELENG_7, but I'm
unaware of anything that might have changed in RELENG_7 that fixes this
problem.