ZFS on a shared disk

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Wed Aug 1 12:46:17 UTC 2007

Hello

I've seen many checked ZFS in -CURRENT, and I've got
a question about ZFS in freebsd. I've never checked
-CURRENT, just thought of whether ZFS can do this or not.

Let's assume there's a shared disk on a scsi bus, that's
attached to two boxes. Can that disk be used simultaneously
with ZFS on the two boxes at the same time? AFAIK UFS2
is unable to do this, since it doesn't have any on-disk
synchronization and similar features, that would enable
an operation like this.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.