NFSv234 server ported to FreeBSD6.0-BETA1

rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca rick at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 27 22:35:49 GMT 2005

In case you are interested, there is now a port of my NFSv2,3 and 4 server
to FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 available at ftp://ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4.
(Look for the 2 files with FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 in the name.)

It seems to work ok on a dual CPU Pentium II that I have. (I believe that
I have the SMP code set up ok, but I don't wait until I'm inside the
server op functions to grab Giant. It follows the nfsserver example for
handling the socket interface and has separate locks for the server cache
and the caches of credential mappings for RPCSEC_GSS. It should allow the
encryption/decryption to be done in parallel on an N cpu box.)

I think the server is about ready for public consumption now. (I don't
know if anyone is interested in bringing the code into FreeBSD, but this
might be a good time?)

rick